Friday, December 21, 2012

Advent Daily Dose - 3rd Friday

+In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Daily Readings

Reflection by Steve Arendt, a parishioner


Signpost -  This is the word God has consistently put on my heart for about four or five months now.  It has meant many things to me and guided me to great places. 

This Christmas the same word is still with me. Throughout all of history,  I cannot help but think that God consistently has sent all of humanity very large signpost.  I think about all the prophets, saints and the great leaders throughout all of time.  These were God’s way of keeping humanity on track.  His way of sending messages to the masses. 

Obviously sending Jesus was like sending a neon sign that we may find in Las Vegas.  Fast forward some 2000 plus years and the sign is still here.  It carries the same basic message.  “HELLO PEOPLE, I LOVE YOU AND REALLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU” 

The implications to the sign are huge.  The meanings for the masses and for each of us is incredibly varied.

I am happy that the sign still works and praise God for bringing it to my world. 

+In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment