Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lenten Daily Dose - 1st Sunday of Lent

We pray + in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

A Reading from the Holy Gospel according to Mark (1:12-15)
"The Spirit drove Jesus out into the desert, and he remained in the desert for forty days, tempted by Satan. He was among wild beasts, and the angels ministered to him.
"After John had been arrested, Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the gospel of God: 'This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the Gospel.'"

The Gospel of the Lord. Praise to you, Lord, Jesus Christ!

Reflection: go the parish website on Wednesday to hear my homily from this Sunday. Here's the text of the song I sang.  It's called "Hosea".

"Come back to me, with all your heart. Don't let fear, keep us apart. Trees do bed, though straight and tall, so must we, to others' call.
Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

The wilderness will lead you to your heart where I will speak. Integrity and justice, with tenderness you shall know.
Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

You shall sleep, secure with peace; faithfulness will be your joy.
Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life."

(Audio available on Wednesday on the parish website.)

We pray: Grant, almighty God, through the yearly observances of holy Lent, that we may grow in understanding of the riches hidden in Christ and by worthy conduct pursue their effects. We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

Mary, Queen of Peace, pray for us!

+In the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment