Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christas Daily Dose - The Epiphany

+In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Daily Readings

Reflection by Becky Arendt, a parishioner

Today is the feast of the Epiphany.  

I like to call it the feast of the "AHA Moment".

We all have "aha moments" in one way or another.  When I have one there is always an imaginary lightbulb right on top of my head that suddenly clicks on and shines bright.  It's a clear, old-fashioned light bulb -- you have this too, right?  I digress,  back to the story...

It's where the three kings set out on a mission from Herod to find the newborn son of God and they suddenly have that "aha moment" when they see that "Yonder star".   I imagine they felt joy, excitement,  warmth and pure love in this sudden revelation that this bright star was the light of Christ.

 A BRIGHT LIGHT. 

The light of Christ brings warmth.  It lifts us up.  Hope comes along with His light, blessing us in times of darkness.  

When I see the light of Christ in my husband and my family, I can feel His love washing all over me and my hope is that I can reflect His light onto others.  I sometimes fail at this, but He always finds a way to shine His light and remind me that He is still there right beside me {to guard me and to guide me}.  In fact, He reminds me every time receive Communion.  And as I walk up to take His body and His blood, a phrase from a song always pops into my head -- "Dear Jesus, help me to spread your fragrance everywhere that I go".   This reminds me that I am not alone and it gives me great peace.

So let His light shine upon you this year and may you reflect and radiate his light onto others.   "May God bless and keep you.  May God's face shine on you.  May God be kind to you and give you peace".

+In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment