Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Daily Scripture and This Week at MQP

Here's a link to today's Scripture readings.

Here's some happenings at MQP this week and weekend:
-Our 8th graders wrap up their academic career at MQP. Thursday is the Rose Mass and Mystery Trip and the 8th graduation is on Saturday afternoon at a 2pm Mass followed by presentation of diplomas.
-Dion Quinn and the Men's Club is roasting a pig and selling the meat to benefit the MQP St. Vincent de Paul Society. See the bulletin insert for more information on how to place an order.
-On Sunday, we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Ascension of Jesus. This marks the penultimate end of the Easter Season and I'll be preaching about what the Ascension, as a historical event, means to us today.

I'm currently in Chicago taking care of some school business for this program I'm in.  I saw the sunrise this morning over the campus of the University of St. Mary of the Lake. It was absolutely breathtaking and my prayer at Mass today will be the health and intentions of my family at MQP.

Peace and prayers to you today,
FrC

No comments:

Post a Comment