Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An Deafening Echo

As I continue my personal exploration of Carthusian spirituality, I came across this little gem in a book called They Speak By Silences (click here for book description). Again, written by an anonymous monk and in classic monastic form, the depth and seemingly paradoxical nature of this statements resounds like a deafening echo in my heart.

"Fear of not responding sufficiently to God's Love is the sign of a faithful soul."

I'll not say anything more about that but will encourage all of us to take that to prayer a little.

Peace to you,
FrC

1 comment:

  1. I'm spun up about "fear" and "God's love" being in the same sentence. I've been trying to relax, almost bask, in His love. This seems to add a sense of urgent accountability to the relationship. I need to work as hard He does. Good stuff. . . . more praying on it . . .

    ReplyDelete